This year the Southeastern Minnesota Synod Assembly will take place on Saturday, May 6-Sunday, May 7. All active rostered leaders will be in attendance at that event which means congregations will need to arrange for worship leadership on Sunday, May 7.
The Synod Assembly Planning Committee will be providing a full order of service that may be used that day, and Bishop Delzer will be providing a written and recorded version of his sermon that may also be used. Lay leaders are encouraged to lead worship on that Sunday.
Regarding communion logistics, Bishop Delzer has several suggestions.
- If you lead a congregation that does not celebrate communion weekly, consider selecting a different week of the month to celebrate communion.
- If you lead a congregation that does celebrate communion weekly:
- Consider inviting a retired rostered leader in the synod to preside over Holy Communion on that Sunday. A list of retired rostered leaders who are interested in serving in this capacity will be available shortly after the retired clergy luncheon in early April.
- Combine worship that day with a neighboring full communion partner (a great way to live into our synod’s accompaniment model).
- Invite a rostered leader from one of our full communion partners to lead worship that day.
Thank you for your cooperation as we explore the Saturday-Sunday Synod Assembly model for 2017. Thank you for your cooperation as we explore the Saturday-Sunday Synod Assembly model for 2017.