This year’s assembly will include a Learning Event on Saturday afternoon. The Learning Event is open to everyone. Voting members do not need to register separately for the event. The Learning Event is included in the general assembly registration. Non-voters who are only attending on Saturday afternoon are invited to register using the “Learning Event Registration” button.
- Saturday Workshop Experience: $25 (registration is required)
- Youth: $85
- Early Adult Registration (by April 7, 2017): $180
- Late Adult Registration (by April 21, 2017): $250
One-Page Guide to Synod Assembly: PDF
Printable Registration Forms: Link
Event Schedule: Link
Pre-Assembly Report: Link
Worship Resources (will be available by April 3, 2017):
- Entire worship booklet for Assembly including services for May 6 & 7
- Order of Service to be used for Sunday, May 7, 2017 (link)
- Recorded version of Bishop Delzer’s sermon for May 7, 2017 (link)
- Written version of Bishop Delzer’s sermon for May 7, 2017 (link)
- Synod LiveStream account where worship will be streamed from 8:30am-9:30am on May 7, 2017 (link)
Learning Event Information: Link
Offering: In the next three years, 35 active rostered leaders in the synod will be eligible for retirement which will leave many ministry openings in congregations. There are not enough leaders to fill those spots. The synod only received two new candidates this spring to take ministry calls because less people are going to seminary. You can be a part of boosting leadership numbers. This year’s Synod Assembly offering will be directed toward identifying and equipping new rostered ministers through Leading Together, a special way the people of our synod choose to financially respond to the Spirit’s call. The synod has developed plans to identify 35 new ministry candidates by the end of 2019. Your offering dollars will help to guide these individuals into effective leadership in their calls as pastors, deacons, and synodically authorized ministers. Thank you for your generosity toward this year’s assembly offerings.
Promotional Materials: Link
Suggestions from Bishop Delzer for Worship Coverage on Sunday, May 7: Link
Accommodations: A block of rooms has been set aside at the Doubletree Hotel. Call 507-281-8000 and ask for the Southeastern Minnesota Synod, ELCA block of rooms. Or use this link to reserve your room at the discounted rate. April 14 is the deadline for booking a room at the Doubletree to get the special price of $129 plus tax. A list of other hotels is available at www.rochestercvb.org/stay.