- Portrait PDF
- Feel free to copy and paste the text and images below into whatever format is most convenient for you.
- If there is another format that you consistently utilize, please email Emily to let her know and she’ll make that available (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RENEW! on February 28
By Rev. Emily Carson
The Southeastern Minnesota Synod is committed to providing leadership development opportunities for the lay and rostered leaders of this synod. RENEW! is coming up on February 28 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Owatonna. This interactive gathering will take place from 2-5PM and is open to everyone in the synod. Bishop Delzer hopes that at least four congregational members from every context will attend.
This year’s theme is “Nurturing a Culture of Healthy Leadership.” About this topic Bishop Delzer shares, “I’ve been a pastor and leader in the church for 40 years, and for 40 years I have loved it. And I want other pastors and rostered leaders and lay leaders to love it as much as I have. That’s why I am so committed to the goal that was lifted up in our recent feasibility study: To develop leaders who feel supported, who are growing spiritually, and who are serving effectively in their contexts.” His hope is that RENEW! provides a life-giving opportunity to support and equip the leaders of this synod.
This annual event was formerly known as Councils as Leaders. In order to convey the openness of this event to ALL leaders in the synod, it has been renamed RENEW!. Church council members, committee members, worship leaders, musicians, personnel team members, pastors, and family ministry professionals are all invited and welcome to attend!
Two of the event’s planners and Office of the Bishop team members, Rev. Pete Reuss and Mary Kay DuChene, share the following event summary for use in congregational bulletins: Do you have an intentional culture of developing and maintaining healthy leaders in your church? What does healthy leadership look like? Come to this year’s RENEW! event to consider these questions and walk away with a completed healthy leader audit of your congregation and an action plan to take positive steps toward the same.
In addition to an opening word with Bishop Delzer, event participants will also be able to choose from four different workshops including:
- Resilient Pastor, Resilient Congregation. Presented by Terri Endres, Portico
- Council as Ministry Partner. Presented by Rev. Kristi Mitchell, Grace Lutheran, Waseca
- Setting Healthy Expectations and Boundaries. Presented by Rev. Patrick Patterson, Christ the King, Mankato
- Gratitude as a Spiritual Practice and Healthy Culture Habit. Presented by Rev. Shelley Cunningham, Zumbro, Rochester
Thank you for spreading the word about this engaging opportunity to develop the leaders of our Southeastern Minnesota Synod! To find out more, visit http://semnsynod.org/renew.