Stewardship Resources for Members & Youth
- Prodigal Sons & Material Girls: How Not to Be Your Child’s ATM, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0-471-25069-4. (Not available at Augsburg Fortress) (price varies) This is a great book for parents, youth and youth educators on materialism and stewardship.
- Kids, Money and Stuff – course for young people age grade 3 – 8 – resources available through ELCA at web site www.ELCA.org/Growing-In-Faith/Discipleship/Stewardship/Teaching.aspx The synod office has one copy for review. Materials include course guide, participant workbook, Veggie Tales DVD, and book. Contact Larry Iverson in the synod office.
- Karen Gieseke, Synod Children, Youth, & Family Ministry Coordinator has put together a list of more resources on gratitude for families with children and youth.
- Luther Seminary’s web site – www.luthersem.edu/stewardship/
- Ecumenical Stewardship Center web site with resources and information about other denominational stewardship materials and annual conference, including some youth stewardship materials www.stewardshipresources.org
- Gettysburg Seminary in Pennsylvania web site dedicated to stewardship education; they also have a free e-newsletter available – www.stewardshipoflife.org
Rev. Pete Reuss, Director for Evangelical Mission, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-280-9457, or 800-426-6376 in Minnesota.