Job Listings Submission Guidelines
Please send the following information to Pastor Emily Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1001 14th St. NW, Suite 300; Rochester, MN 55901.
- Your church or organization name
- Position title
- Number of hours (part-time, full-time, 20 hours a week, etc.)
- Brief job description (50 words or less) and/or method of getting a full job description
- Application deadline
- Application process (i.e. church contact information, link to website with application process, etc.)
You are responsible for notifying the synod office when the position should be taken off the site. If no other instructions are provided, the listing will be taken off after the application deadline has lapsed or after two months if no deadline is given.
Only ELCA or ELCA-affiliated organizations are eligible to list job openings on the website. Congregational openings are restricted to ELCA congregations in the Southeastern Minnesota Synod. Ministry partners (colleges, seminaries, camps, etc.) outside of the synod may be published. Pastoral openings may not be submitted.
The communications director reserves the right to not publish items based on improper submission or incomplete information. (So double-check your information before you hit “Send!”)
Other job listing options include:
- Lutherans Online – www.lutheransonline.com – a free service offered by Thrivent
- An ELCA churchwide web page is also available for this purpose – www.ELCA.org/careers (click on “Outside Positions” on the left side) – another free service.
- Check with local colleges, especially colleges of the ELCA, as they frequently have career centers that will post your opening.