Call and roster updates from our synod are updated monthly here.
Call Process is that unique and prayerful way by which the synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America engage their congregations, church-related organizations and rostered leaders (ordained ministers, associates in ministry, diaconal ministers, deaconesses, including candidates for each of these rosters) in a time of thoughtful assessment and spiritual discernment of the way God may be drawing each toward the other for mutual ministry for the sake of the mission and ministry of the church.
Call Process Manual for Congregations of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod
The call process, that of saying goodbye to one pastor and greeting a new one, can be confusing. This section provides a step-by-step guide with lots of information on how to proceed through this process. These files are all PDFs, viewable with Adobe Reader.
- Download the entire manual (Also be sure to download the current Minimum Compensation and Benefits Guidelines, which accompany the manual)
- Table of Contents
- Steps of the Call Process
- Fine Print
- Step 1: A Time for Farewell
- Step 2: A Time for Interim Ministry
- Step 3: A Time for Self-Study
- Step 4: Elect a Call Committee
- Step 5: The Work of the Call Committee
- Step 6: Calling Your New Pastor (Download the current Minimum Compensation and Benefits Guidelines, which are a part of this chapter)
- Step 7: Welcome and Installation
Forms and information for interims.
Ministry Site Profile
An early step in calling a rostered leader is completing a Ministry Site Profile, a document that describes your congregation’s history, ministry, membership, community, and leadership needs. More info at www.ELCA.org/Call-Process/Getting-Started
Rostered Leader Profile
Rostered leaders in the ELCA complete a Rostered Leader Profile to enter the call process. These forms tell synod staff and possible ministry sites (congregations or other ministries) more about the leader. More info at www.ELCA.org/Call-Process/Getting-Started