The Synod Leader Grant Team meets four times per year to allocate grants through an application process for synod leaders and future leaders of the church. We focus on four areas of clergy/church life: Seminary Scholarships, 1st Call Debt Reduction, Continuing Education, and Sabbaticals. Supporting the health and wellness of our church leaders through grants and scholarships is a top priority for our team.
- Sabbatical: November 1, 2022 (details)
- Seminary Scholarships: Applications due annually on April 1
- Continuing Education Grants: Applications are due annually by either February 1, June 1, and October 1.
First Call Debt Reduction Grants: Applications due annually on March 15
Visit the Sabbatical Leave Grant page on the left menu for current information.
Additional information is available by clicking this link
First Call Debt Relief:
- During the first year of your first call, you are eligible to apply for these funds.
- First Call Debt Relief Application: online form